Finding out you’re pregnant is an overwhelming time for everyone. Whether planned or unplanned, becoming pregnant is a life defining event. At Choices we offer information about all of your choices for an unplanned pregnancy. We understand that there are no easy answers, but we’re here to help you find the best choice for you and your baby. Choosing adoption can be a win-win. You are able to be proud that you gave life to your child while being able to continue with the plans for your own life.
How We Help
Considering adoption can be confusing. There is a lot information to sift through. Choices has a network of credible and professional adoption agencies in Georgia that we can refer you to (view our list of recommended agencies here). In addition to a list of approved agencies we provide free educational resources. Our caring team will ensure you are in good hands and have the support you need.
Types of Adoption
- Semi Open
- You choose a family from materials presented by adoptive parents
- All communication between you and the family goes through an agency or case worker
- You can choose for the adoptive parents to be present at birth
- Adoptive parents can share the child’s pictures and letters with you as they grow up
- You will “interview” awaiting families in person
- Direct communication with adoptive parents
- There may be ongoing visits after the birth
- Only non-identifying information is shared by the adoption case-worker to the birth parents and adoptive parents
- After the child is placed no contact will be made
What does adoption cost? If you are pregnant, adoption doesn’t cost any money. You may also receive free counseling or help with healthcare costs.
When can I start the adoption process? You can choose adoption at any point during your pregnancy or after thebirth.
What if I change my mind? You can change your mind at any point before signing legal consents.
Do I have to use an agency? Independent adoptions are legal and allowed in the state of Georgia.