Choices offers STD tests and can prescribe prescriptions for some STDs. At Choices, you will receive compassionate advice and quick results. Our STD testing includes the initial appointment and a follow up appointment to talk about your results.
Choices STD Help
There is a $20 charge for your STD test that covers:
- An initial appointment to perform the test
- Sending the test to a laboratory
- Within 1 week we will receive the results and provide a follow up appointment to talk about your results and prescribe any necessary medication.
Please note that we accept cash only and will only accept the exact amount; we are not able to give change back to you.
Our STD tests for males and females provide results for Chlamydia, Gonorrhea and Syphilis. Rapid test results for HIV are available during your initial appointment. All of our tests are performed with the utmost privacy in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions About STD Tests
When should I get tested for an STD?
If you are unsure whether or not you should seek out an STD clinic and be tested for an STD, you may want to consider a couple of important things. If you have had sex or if you are experiencing common symptoms associated with STDs, then you may want to get tested. Some general symptoms of an STD include sores on the genitals, discharge from the penis or vagina, itching and burning during urination. Since many infections do not cause any symptoms, it would be in your best interest to be treated by a trained professional at Choices Pregnancy Care Center.
How does a STD test work?
There are a few different ways that we test for an STD. For chlamydia and gonorrhea, the tests are performed with a urine sample. If positive, you will be given a paper prescription for the antibiotic. Syphilis is tested through a blood draw. If positive, you will be referred to your private physician or the Health Department.
All of the samples taken from these four tests are sent to a laboratory located in Texas. We receive the results confidentially and will schedule a follow up appointment to provide you with the outcome of the test.
For HIV, the test is performed by finger prick or blood draw. The rapid HIV test will give you results in 10 minutes at your initial appointment. HIV does require ongoing treatment, we will schedule your appointment with the Health Department or with your private physician.
Facts about the five STDs we test for:
- Chlamydia is the most common bacterial STD and the leading cause of sterility in females. Georgia ranks 8th in the United States for the most cases for Chlamydia.
- Gonorrhea has high infection rates in teens. Georgia ranks 5th in the United States for the most cases for Gonorrhea.
- Syphilis can produce tragic results, like blindness. Georgia ranks 1st in the United States for the most cases for Syphilis!
- HIV is incurable and requires ongoing treatment. If left untreated, HIV can lead to early death.
Make an Appointment
Choices Pregnancy Care Center offers two STD test locations. Currently you can make an appointment at both of our locations. Regardless of where you live, we want to help you and provide you the information you are seeking when you are in search of a private location for STD tests.
Need Answers? Contact us today if you would like to learn more about our STD tests, or simply call us today at (770) 535-1245 if you have questions about STDs. We look forward to hearing from you soon.